Prospective Student Resources
Action Steps Required for Class Registration
You are encouraged to review our scholarship website to learn more about scholarship opportunities, eligibility requirements, application processes, and deadlines. More specifically, you can view our Frequently Asked Questions page to help find the answers to any general questions you may have concerning scholarship opportunities at UCCS.
The UCCS Scholarship Application, which is housed in your myUCCS portal, will display only those scholarships you might qualify for based upon your declared graduate program, residency status, and GPA. Your portal will not display these scholarships until the scholarship application opens on December 1. Make sure you have completed all requests from the admissions office and have submitted current transcripts to ensure the list of scholarships you are seeing is accurate.
October 1: Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) opens for the upcoming academic year at https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa - the application year is based on the fall semester you will begin at UCCS (i.e. fall 2018 semester will be the 2018-2019 academic year). All domestic graduate students should consider completing the FAFSA as early as possible.
December 1: Institutional scholarship application opens for the upcoming academic year.
February 1: Deadline for institutional merit based scholarships.
March 1: Deadline for institutional need-based scholarships. Complete the FAFSA as soon as possible before this date to be considered for the maximum scholarship, grant, work-study, and loan package.
Application Guide & Campus Opportunities
The How to Apply for Scholarships guide will help you navigate to the scholarship application via the myUCCS student portal.
Graduate program departments may also have awards (e.g., scholarships, work study, teaching or research assistantships) for students based on a set of criteria. As graduate student, you may also be able to find graduate assistantship or teaching assistantship opportunities within your department. Please check with your program contact for more information.
In addition, UCCS offers 2,000 + on campus job opportunities for students. You are more than welcome to check out the on campus employment opportunities (on S.E.A.N. list) once you are on campus.
International students are not eligible to apply for institutional need-based financial aid; however, all accepted UCCS students are eligible to apply for UCCS merit based scholarships. These types of scholarships are often awarded based on GPA, community or extracurricular involvement, or other exceptional qualities. The scholarship application runs typically from December 1 to March 1. You can check out the detailed scholarships here.
UCCS Student Services Office Contact Information
- Bookstore: 719-255-3247 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Campus Housing: 719-255-4042 / email@example.com
- Disability Services: 719-255-3354 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Financial Aid and Scholarships: 719-255-3460 / email@example.com
- Graduate School and Admissions Information: 719-255-3417 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- International Affairs: 719-255-5018 / email@example.com
- Office of Information Technology: 719-255-4357 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registrar/Registration: 719-255-3361 / email@example.com
- Tuition and Fees: 719-255-3391 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Veteran and Military Student Affairs: 719-255-3253 / email@example.com
- Wellness Center: 719-255-4444 / firstname.lastname@example.org